Are you coming to Fort Lauderdale for the Air Show this May? This year the event takes place on the 6th and 7th and, as always, promises to be a fantastic show for everyone who attends. But are you looking for somewhere to stay? The organisers of the show recommend a handful of beach hotels but I have to say that I’d advise against that.
You’ll find that it will be much better to stay in your own private apartment within walking distance to the beach but without all the noise and crowds that come to Fort Lauderdale beach along with the event. Scroll down to see details.
You’ll enjoy your own private and personal one bedroom apartment equipped with everything your going to need for a fabulous weekend. And it’s a wonderful place to relax after a day enjoying the air spectacular. It’s located right on the water and you’ll love sitting our on the dock in the evenings watching the boats go by and enjoying your favourite beverage. (Make mine red wine!)
Here are a few other things I’m sure you’d like to know that makes the apartment just perfect for your stay:
- Central air conditioning – so very important after a day in the warm Florida sun
- Beach chairs, sun umbrellas, beach towels and a back pack are provided so you can make the most of the beach
- FREE parking – this is very important during this event as public parking lots and hotel parking facilities are expensive
- Great balcony where you can sit and watch the aircraft. They practice on the day before the event so you see the planes without the loud noise
- Full kitchen where you can make your own meals and snacks
- Fabulous views over the inland waterway
- Non-smoking apartment – although smokers are welcome to smoke outside
- FREE high-speed wifi
- Hairdryer, iron, laundry facilities
- Close to Las Olas Boulevard with its fabulous restaurants, cafés, bakeries, galleries, stores and more
- Safe and quiet location (okay, there is some aircraft noise during the weekend of the show) on a cul-de-sac
- Onsite host who can look after your luggage for you after check out so that you can make the most of your last day in Fort Lauderdale plus advise you of the best places to eat and shop
The apartment is located in a fantastic example of Mid Century Modern architecture – it was built in 1949.
JJ is originally from the UK and has lived in South Florida since 1994. She is the founder and editor of JAQUO Magazine. You can connect with her using the social media icons below.