At the time I’m writing this, there are many property owners who think that maybe the days of short term rentals are over. It might be history by the time you read this but right now the coronavirus is at its height and the general opinion seems to be that there are many aspects of life that will never be the same again.
I don’t have a crystal ball any more than you do so I don’t know if short term rentals will survive (although personally I think they will) but nevertheless something I do know is that many people who previously offered vacation rental accommodation to guests are looking at alternatives.
And for many, the option could be renting out their apartment or suite to longer-term guests. Therefore another option many hosts are thinking about is whether they want to continue using a service such as Airbnb, VRBO, etc.
Believe me, I love using Airbnb for STR – they take away so many of the jobs and problems that hosts can face. (Yes, even processing credit card or other payments can be time-consuming). And so many of us are accustomed these days to paying a small commission to these sites in order to avoid so many hassles. However, as we all know, converting your business to long term rentals instead of short brings its own headaches.
That’s why it’s a great idea to take a look at TenantCloud.
This service offers you the amenities you’re accustomed to receiving from the short term rental websites but gives you a great deal of freedom and allows you to be free of the strictures imposed by STR websites.
And the service is free.*
It’s a convenient half way house for Airbnb / VRBO hosts who have become accustomed to running their businesses online and those who prefer the freedom of running their own businesses their own way.
Below is a bulleted list from the website to show you briefly what the service offers you.
- Online payments & full accounting
- Automatic listings & vacancies marketing
- Online rental applications & tenant screening
- Contacts management
- Team management
- Maintenance requests & equipment tracking
- Rental agreements, notices & e-sign
- Lead generation & Rentler leads
- On-demand printable reports
- Renters insurance tracking
* At time of writing, the basic service is free of charge, Referred to as a ‘free trial’ you can use this trial for as long as you wish. The enhanced version is only $9 per month and can for this price you can have up to 150 properties. Additional services carry their own fee (such as tenant screening starting at $22.95 , insurance starting from $16 etc.)
Note that I have not personally used this service. It has been recommended to me by various friends and colleagues but I have no personal experience of using this website.
Prices correct at time of writing.
TIP: See the site’s news & blog section. You’ll find a wealth of information there. And, at time of writing at least, there is a free ebook that you can download to help you learn more about managing youir property.
JJ is originally from the UK and has lived in South Florida since 1994. She is the founder and editor of JAQUO Magazine. You can connect with her using the social media icons below.