Do you crave travelling but don’t have the ideal budget? Would you like to travel the world (literally) and volunteer your time in exchange for accommodation? Of course! Then you need to check out Workaway.
Below you can see just a handful of the opportunities available to you.
There are currently opportunities in 170 countries all over the world. And the hosts who are offering work vary enormously. As you can see from the few examples above, the work is wide and varied. You can make use of the skills you already have or enjoy a wonderful learning experience.
Choose from working for individuals, families, businesses, farms, charities, and choose what time you’d like to spend in your location – a few days? A few months? Opportunities are available for various lengths. Here are just a few currently on offer:
- Help with sled dogs in South Estonia
- Work in a hostel in Costa Rica
- Help with childcare and English speaking in Barcelona
- Woodworker required in a jungle village in Ghana
- Learn how to sail helping out on a yacht in Croatia
- Help look after the gardens of a French chateau
- Work on a Bavarian horse farm
- Help out on a sheep farm in rural England
There are so many. Oh, and I was delighted to see that although you have to be 18 or over to be a ‘workawayer’, there is no upper age limit. Now there’s a plan for the early retirement years!
JJ is originally from the UK and has lived in South Florida since 1994. She is the founder and editor of JAQUO Magazine. You can connect with her using the social media icons below.